Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy new year?

I get a little fed up with all the societal norms that we're supposed to follow.

Like New Year's Eve. Now, I do like that it forces everyone to get together and ostensibly do something fun, but all the Happy New Year! crap that goes along with it? No thanks. Personally, I have new minute/hour/day resolutions that I can't keep, let alone thinking that I'm going to change anything about my life mid-winter when there are hundreds of delicious things to be eaten EVERYWHERE.

I also don't like Christmas. I enjoy some of the sentiments of Christmas, but (and I'm guilty of this myself) why do we feel the need to spend time with people we don't like in the spirit of a holiday that was once a religious holiday and is now just mass commercialization?? If you like being with your family, then spend time with them. Year round. If you don't like them, don't spend time with them. *note to self, take own advice*

I'll go in depth about my theory of gifts later.

So, Happy New Year!! If you want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment